midnight in paris
"No subject is terrible if the story is true. If the prose is clean and honest, and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure."
I just watched the most lovely movie. . . all by myself. I wanted to try and watch all of the Oscar-nominated films before the big event on Sunday, but a couple of them are neither in the theater or out to rent yet. Anyway, for a former English teacher this one was very fun with its allusions to writers and artists. As I finished the film, two things keep ringing in my mind--renaissance begins now--we always want for another time, either living in the future or the past, but the real time is right in front of us.
"The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence."
No comments:
Post a Comment