Shrove Tuesday (or Pancake Tuesday) is a day of confession.
I must confess that I have been away from writing. It was nice to rest in the needed hiatus following my dissertation, but I have decided that it's time. Time to write again. This year for my lenten devotion I have decided that I am going to write every day. Something. Every. Day. While a large majority of this stuff will be crap (that is for certain), just the idea of writing every day means that perhaps something will come out in the writing. After all, I like to tell my students that an important tool in writing is their butts. A butt in a writing chair got a lot more writing done than most other tools.
So each day I will write. Starting tomorrow. I am not going to narrowly define my topics or wrangle myself into writing things that I hate. Instead, I am going to simply follow the intent of this blog in the first place--to focus on how today is a REAL day--a day to live life to the fullest. Within this lenten season will come the birth of our first child and the time that comes following that. I see it as a good time to document.
I have debated about giving up FaceBook for lent. I toss and turn the idea. Just this morning I learned of a friend leaving youth ministry. I wouldn't have without the good 'ole FB; however, I have come to see that each morning as I lazily scroll through posts--most of which are simply a waste of time--that I am missing the magic hour at the start of the day. I am missing it.
Perhaps that is my Lenten devotion this year more simply--to stop missing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment