Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dear Dell,

I found out today that on June 6th we're breaking up. While this isn't the end of the world, somehow I'm miffed. How is it that we got to be so connected? Breakups are rough--I know from experience. This fall when I had to pry myself away from Mac--with all of our shortcuts and personalized settings--I didn't want to go, but knew I had to, and even though I didn't want you at first--after all you weren't him, we've really gotten along swimmingly even after our rocky start. I'm not crazy about you like I was Mac, and yet we seem to co-exist daily in such a way that I didn't realize how attached we've become.

I pray that this will somehow feel okay, that life will go on and that someone new will come to love the curve of my hands, but right now I'm topsy-turvy over it and wondering at writing a dissertation on keys that feel like a poorly tailored dress.

So, here's to us and our short-lived romance. My mantra makes it manageable. All will be well. All manner of things will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment